Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 7.0 - Monitor Clients displaying wrong info

gabsfedor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been having some problems with the Monitor Clients menu on a WCS 7.0 server, for instance if I go there and display the detected clients on the last 24 hours I get a different set of clients than if I go and generate a report of unique clients for the last day on the report menu. Is this normal?, shouldn't both reports get the data from the same place and give the same result?. Thanks and resgards,

Gabriel.

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Whats the difference are we observing?? It will be of great help if you could paste the screenshot here.. between the expected and the deviation..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Sure, here a couple of screenshots of what's being displayed.

that's the output of monitor->clients->clients detected in last 24 hours. As you see there are 2 clients d0:b9 and 87:5b, now if I run a report on unique client for the last day I get:

This shows two different clients 65:86 and 08:8a. I've also seen other errors on Monitor Clients for instance if I look for associated clients and have two clients associated sometimes it shows only one or none at all. Hope that clarified my question. Thanks and regards,

Gabriel.

sridhkri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Before check ing the clients,you have to run the background task for client status and check the reports for 24hours and today report.

Regards

Sridharank

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

Gabriel,

Did you find resolution do this?  I see similar results.  I'll run a Client Count from the WCS Home screen and it shows there were over 700 clients for a particlar time period (say, 48 hours ago), however, when I run a report of Unique Clients over that same time period, I see under 600.

-Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card