cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Firmware do i choose 2125WLC

x96harig12
Level 1
Level 1

There is a newer version 7.0.98.0(ED) software, and there is a older version with a newer date 6.0.199.4(ED).  The 6.0 version was released aug 30, and the 7.0 version was released in june.  Im on the 7.0 version right now and have some issues with it and was wondering if the 6.0 version was a more stable? 

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Martin,

I have several clients that are running on the 7.0.98.0 code release and the only issue I have seen on that code release is an issue with statically assign clients (incidently have only seen it when the client was a Silex SX-500), other than that have seen no issues with the 7.0.98.0 code. 6.0.199.4 is a maintenance/engineering release that was generated to resolve many of the issues with the 6.0.199.0 code release. I haven't seen anyone run that code release in production, but have been told by many TAC engineers that it's fairly stable.

Incidentally as I said above the only issues I have experienced with the 7.0.98.0 code was the one described and didn't seem to occur with other devices.

Take that information for what it is worth..

Hope that helps... Please rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Kayle

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

4.X and 7.X are Cisco recommendations.  IF you want to use the 1140, 1260, 3500i/e APs then it's the 7.X otherwise you can use the 4.X.  5.X and 6.X is a no-no unless you want to spend most of your time crying your eyes out.

+5 Kayle.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card