Helpful
Replies

Wifi Extender

moosas001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the below  controller  and AP'S

AIR-CT5760 controller (03.06.05E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)) and  ap AIR-CAP3702I-E-K9 .Some places I cannot   pull cables  . Shall i put extender ?  .

If yes  what  can I convert existing AP'S as extender  or else do we need to buy new AP's

Thanks

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WGB is the normal deployment to extend Wifi 

use below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/68472-configure-wgb-00.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

As I  understand the wgb is recommended for devices like printer which does not have wireless nic . It can connect  to a switch and switch  and switch will be connected to  an AP which is configured as bridge .

In my cases I want t o connect  wireless clients not wired clients 

Thanks 

saravlak
Spotlight
Spotlight

3700s can work as Mesh.

Hi,

Do i need to  disconnect the AP from the controller and convert to standalone to make it rootap ?

Thanks

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keep in mind that the root AP and the mesh AP needs to have a good connection to work well.  You can't just place the MAP far away with obstruction between the two as that will not work.  So look at where you can place the RAP and the MAP to see if you might need to have more than one hop to cover the area.  Now, I have never used Converged Access, so I can't tell you how well that will work with MESH and if that will even work.  CA has been abandoned in favor of IOS-XE.  Maybe the 9800-CL which is a free software download that you can test out on ESXi or Hyper-V.  Don't really know your situation, but something to look into.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card