cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wildcard Certificate accepted by Wireless Lan Controller?

holgerseiler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a hopefully short question. I have 3 WLC 5508 and a NAC guest server. We want to download a wildcard certificate after a few seconds at the download of this certificate I got the failure message download failed.

Accept the WLC wildcard certificates or must I generate a SAN (Subject Alternative Name) Certificate.

Every help is welcome.

Thanks and kind regards

Holger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's actually not in any document. But you're right and it should be.

I just filed a documentation bug to have the type of certificates supported clearly documented on cisco.com

Nicolas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, Wildcard certificates are supported.

However, it seems there is still a problem with wildcards certificates if they are chained :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsy88149

But I never tested that situation myself.

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

thanks for the support. Could you give me a note in which document I will find which certificates are supported at WLC.

Thanks for the Bug-ID,too. I think we have another issue, because I got a failure from the WLC at the download. I think it is possible that the certificate is damaged.

Holger

It's actually not in any document. But you're right and it should be.

I just filed a documentation bug to have the type of certificates supported clearly documented on cisco.com

Nicolas

Thank you very much

Holger

Hi guys,

I'm also looking to use a wildcard cert for this purpose.  I just checked your bug-id and its seems it's been closed with a workaround of not using wildcard certs.  I'm not sure if this is specific to that version, so I was wondering if you guys know if wildcards are supported in v7.0?

Regards

Rob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card