cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 5508 802.1x Part 2

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

With stephens help I was able to get most of my Wireless 802.1x setup configured properly. I'm not having a problem with the client authenticating using user/pass credentials. I have a Wireless XP Client (testing with), which connects to a LWAP, which connects to a WLC 5508, and then Cisco ACS for authentication. I put in my user credentials of tylerp (test account) with the correct password but nothing happens, it just keeps asking me to enter in

credentials after a few seconds. I started Wireshark on my laptop and I can see the following.

Source

Cisco_1e:3a:8f

Destination

IntelCor_85:9e:46

Protocol

EAP

Information

Request, Identity [RFC3748]

It looks like it's asking the client for credentials but when I submit my credentials I dont see any response via wireshark. I'm not sure why that is.

I have included several photos from my WLC/ACS configuration. Any help would be great!

77 Replies 77

They were on 5.2, but it all should be the same.... You would think. I have 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 that I test with. If it setup an environment l like yours and keep protocol first and not use ip address in the service policy, I don't in into that.. But I have only tested that with 5.2 and 5.3.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

To be honest with you Scott, I think I never actually put the NDG under the dot1x service policy selection configuration, I'm pretty sure I just added it to Identity and Authorization, which it was still failing, because I should have put it after the dot1x service policy and after the Radius option. Once I get everything working with AD (hopefully), I'll try that option out and let you

know what happens.

Cool... Thanks!

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card