cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless controller 5508

bewome
Level 1
Level 1

My wireless controller is 5508 and I am unable to access the controller from the latest browsers. But I can access it from an old version of Mozilla Firefox browser.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@bewome wrote:

My wireless controller is 5508 and I am unable to access the controller from the latest browsers. But I can access it from an old version of Mozilla Firefox browser.

I do not even want to ask "what firmware the controller is running on" because I am sure it is very old. 

Either upgrade the firmware or continue using old web browser.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@bewome wrote:

I do not even want to ask "what firmware the controller is running on" because I am sure it is very old. 

Either upgrade the firmware or continue using old web browser.

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Yes, you are probably running old software version on the controller which is using old tls version. You can upgrade the code on the controller to the latest version. If you need to maintain the current code on the controller,then you will have to  use a browser that supports weak cipher. You could also try another browser like chrome. I have found chrome sometimes works for wireless controllers running old code.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card