cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller 9800

wonderk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Family, I need your help. I'M unable to access Cisco catalyst 9800 series wireless control through GUI (two of my colleagues can) however I can ping and access it via putty.

7 Replies 7

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Check you have HTTP server enabled on the WLC and, if using HTTPS check you are using a trustpoint you've previously generated (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-9/config-guide/b_wl_17_9_cg/m_web_admin_settings.html)

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What happens then, when you try ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@wonderk 

Try a traceroute back to the WLC IP, and compare with one of your colleagues, also check Firewall rules and/or routing allong the way including on the WLC itself just in case

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Change the browser you use 

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to compare working IP address and your IP address - as other suggested check the browsers. ( TLS settings if any)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you access the login page or you cant even reach that?

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

nachoGrande
Level 1
Level 1

open a command line and (make sure telnet is enabled) and type:

telnet 182.adress.x.x 443 and does it open or say it cant connect

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card