cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless DNA lisence support

Fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Will I have any problems with WLC if I don't buy this license?

Wireless Cisco DNA On-Prem Essential, 3Y Term Lic

Are there any requirements if I'm not using DNA?

I want to order C9120AXE-E model AP, friends said this license is required but nobody knows why

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the controller model ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

WLC 5520

Fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, I forgot to write something.

I want to order C9120AXE-E model AP, friends said this license is required but nobody knows why

- It doesn't need that particular DNA license when being used on the 5520 , controller however must use 8.10.112.x software version at minimum

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Amrah,

Assuming that you have sufficient licenses already in 5520 you don't need this license. If you don't have enough licenses you may try to purchase AP adder licenses LIC-CT5520-UPG must be purchased. Remember 5520 can either sync to a smart account or use RTU licenses (honor-based licensing) Resolve License Questions 3504, 5520 and 8540 Wireless LAN Controllers: RTU FAQ - Cisco

Now regarding DNA licenses for the new AP, you can ignore or opt-out from DNA license if you have licenses already in the WLC. If not I suggest that you purchase the AIR-DNA licenses as you might have to move away from 5520 very soon, and in 9800 WLC's AIR-DNA license per AP is mandatory.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card