Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Dropout issue

Robo123
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

I have a Cisco 9800 WLC where i am experiencing Teams call dropout issue while connecting to the Guest SSID.This is an intermittent issue. Have tried debugging the client MAC but didn't noticed any issue in that.

Can some one please help me to know where to look at for RF related message in the logs?

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
VIP Guru VIP Guru
VIP Guru

before you suspect Wireless issue, is this only issue with TEAMS or any other application also having issue ?

is the teams call ok on your network using Wireed network ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Have issue with Citrix as well but all these are working in wired connection .I am facing issue only while connecting to the Guest ssid and I have another ssid also through that all works good.

Could you please help me to know where to look at for RF related message in the logs?

Let's analyze what you have stated "Citrix is working well on wired and on other SSID's except for guest"

• Issues might be with the guest vlan and routing, not specific to wireless.
  • Take a laptop and connect it to a switchport that is assigned to the same vlan as guest.  Test and see if you have issues
    • This will show you if the guest network in general is the issue and what you need to look into more
    • This will eliminate is wireless guest is an issue if wired is also a problem
  • Create a test guest SSID that maps to a different wired vlan
    • This will help validate and provide additional data
  • Validate that Citrix is working on wireless for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz on all SSID's
    • This can help identify is 2.4ghz and or 5ghz is a problem
    • Test with different devices so you can correlate what is working and what is not working.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the information, i may ask you anotehr question.....is this worked before and was stable  guest network ? or is this new setup having issue ?

as suggested other poster, you need to look the config and path to reach internet or other network resource you looking to access.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP Mentor VIP Mentor
VIP Mentor

- Always useful is to have an overall configuration check of the 9800-configuration for that use (CLI) show tech wireless , have this analyzed with : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/

M.

Leo Laohoo
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend