cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Endpoints Show Disconnected in ISE

jmorton1
Level 1
Level 1

Earlier this year, we migrated from the WLC 2504 to the Catalyst 9800-CL cloud wireless controller, and we have Cisco ISE as our radius server for authentication. With the old wireless controller, if someone was successfully connected to wifi (after being authorized b ISE), then it would show the endpoint as "Connected". However, ever since we cut over to the new wireless controller, we have found that even when someone is successfully connected to wifi via ISE, the endpoint shows as "Disconnected", and as a result, our license consumption is not accurate. Has anyone else come across this, and are you aware of a configuration that would explain what we are seeing? Thank you.

18 Replies 18

JMarklund
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue, although using WLC 9800-80 17.9.4 and ISE 3.1. Added the following configuration in WLC: 

aaa accounting update newinfo periodic 2880
aaa accounting identity dot1x start-stop group ISE

After which i added the accounting list to the Policy Profile for the WLANs.

I have made this change today but have not yet seen a resolution. However, I noticed that you had 2880 set for the ne info periodic section. Therefore, did it take two days for the change to take effect?

It took change right away after I did a "session reauth" on the endpoint in ISE.

And you added the Accounting List under Advanced tab in Policy Profile?

I was missing the accounting list under the advanced section. As soon as I did that, now the connection statuses show! Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card