cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless module different IP addresses

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

hello I have a problem with my wireless router, cisco wireless module allows you to give different IP addresses so that IP addresses are different who can help me please

67 Replies 67

please post the current config (both from the router and AP)and let me know ur requirements.. i will help u out in getting the right config..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

These are the new running-config

manages a bit with the running-config?

Hey am sorry.. waited for ur  response last night and later slept off.. i guess we are on completely  different time zones.. so late reply.. sorry for that.. i have attached  the modified config both from the Router and the ap.. please paste the  same on your device and let me know how that works..

here is how it works..

The Wireless clients who connects will ge tthe ip from the range 20.20.20.X network..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

it can not hurt, I got the running-config uploaded to the outer but the wireless no ip address you get an APIPA address169.254.201.217 255.255.0.0

Hmmm.. do the corresponding changes on the router interface....

interface Wlan-GigabitEthernet0
description Internal switch interface connecting to the embedded AP
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1Q
switchport trunk native vlan 1

end

Then..

1>> Are we able to ping the VLAN 1 and VLAN interface ip address from the AP??

2>> assign static IP address to the laptop and lemme know if we are able to ping the VLAN 2 IP address??

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

the interface Wlan-GigabitEthernet0
I might add that, but not
switch port trunk encapsulation dot1Q
switch port trunk native vlan 1 ?

ok. no problem.. that means.. by default its dot1Q..

1>> Are we able to ping the VLAN 1 and VLAN 2 interface ip address from the AP??

2>> assign static IP address to the laptop and lemme know if we are able to ping the VLAN 2 IP address??

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I can not the wireless set up because there is no vlan is created as?

i did not get you we dont have the VLANs configured??

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

i have attached the config from both AP and the Router.. please paste the same on the Router and AP respectively and lemme know if this works out for you!!

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

ok thanks i will upload to the router this week hope it works
I'll tell you something

I have a question you know how sometimes a site to site VPN IPSec Tunnel

Hi,

thanks for the update!! please dont forget to lemme know if everything is working fine.. or if somethings wrong, will help!!

Regarding the site to site VPN it will be great if you could post it on the Security Firewall or VPN forum using the below link..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

First you want a merry Christmas and a happy new year 2011 and to wish good health especially

no, it now works as a computer directly connected to the cable it does not get internal ip address of dhcp server wireless, nor how to solve that problem?

mvg

Hi,

Thanku and Wish you the same!! I did not understand your previous post.. even the wired not getting the IP?? please brief me the issue along with the running config from both Router and AP..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card