cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WISM 2 updates for ssh what cisco miss

jamesbos96602
Level 1
Level 1

WIsm 2 card is very complex card it runs on 4 os that what so odd about it  you have boot code,

you have 3ed party program called busybox  now this has never been updated

this is much like vmware. becuase it was never updated it has probems talking to the sup card. cisco never consider the file imported or maybe just forgot what it did,

my wism 2 card software was damage do to update. all software was removed,

now from all that is said u first have to load feald service image.  so that i got and loaded it but i get error file or folder cant be monted or found. it seams that bug that they new about in 2010 was never fix  as result the next image would have been main ios wount even mount as it has no harddrives to mount to like vmware bussy box is vr program it makes harddrive and program is installed in it . as the folder and files missing nor can they be made program failes   what is fix. boot program and busybox  must  be updated to make wism 2 stable. some clame works fine. but this could be no more then what version the firmware lev is . how could cisco update the main code and not even try update the base code. as if it was un imported they wanted fix the certifice probems now wims is unstable.  it works or dose not work and config can be same it will or wont work. busy box makes 6 ports for wism 4 we see two is hidden .  two 10 gig ports wich is tired to vlan this card should be run in vss but do to hardware it very hard find hardware that will work with it, probems with certifcies still there, cisco did update them on wism not on swich, but wims must talk to swich that meens one certifices in place to decode the packet or send it raw.

encription between ap and wism can be turn off.  we all know risk here. cisco should of updated each card in tamdom each card firewall card nam ssl wims and few others all use ssl to talk each these cards will fail once swich is updated as there is no certifices made on swich, and if you look at wism2 card there is no hardware certifice made.  where did cisco go wrong. did they forget all these things are link throw certifices u change one you must update all others, there no need post config file cisco has it they said config files not probem is there code , quistion is how to fix there code  i think mib files be made to fix most of errors.   if mib files was writen such a way to gather hardware information to make right certifices update the swich

start with ap un encripted join it write information it needs to ap save it check os to update , if no check certifices will they permit encription if yes encipt the chan if no up date the certs. check swich make shure it can read the encription., cisco encripts ap at time of joining wich wrong ap should be join and rebooting it should not remove it controler has all information for joining throw it dose it all over again ?  we need and should been built a radius server built on wism 2 with 12 cores it more then has the power to run it , and if card is ran as stand by so much the better rez can be swich where one will run radius server. wich should be automatic no one should have touch it  this provent hacking  takes ap joins configs radius  each client that joins added to raidus  in main home window should ask is this client have permision to join and join how, as gust or user. system should do all rest. this supose be plug and play well 3 months far from it, as far space cisco can map cf cards on sup card that can run one gig cards haveing two is more enouf to give any programing room it needs. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

why i help them fix the software, wich none u could done and killer is i never was train to even code it, 

u know how easy it is to code the swich cisco got in privent contrack with me as a person under my condtions, i would get all updates,  but sence my software so out date would meen all data even flash had be del and rebuilt,  i love know how many of u could do that,  hay that was easy part forceing swich to crash to give them the needed information was lot harder, , but in 20 mins i crash it they got there data in few days fix was put up and 4 updates installed,  i love know how many people none busness can work with cicso otherme   have fun with that, and by way wism is fully working i help microsoft for 30 years to do one thing crash domain controlers makeing shure it was log i was only person alow talk to builders, out 150  cases microsoft could close 0 was all codeing probems,  so as u all would sent it back i help them to fix it, i like know how much did u spend to learn nothing at all 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Did you have a question or were you just having a rant about the WISM2?

WISM 2 is almost end of support https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/wireless-services-module-2-wism2/eos-eol-notice-c51-738008.html

If you have it on an existing Cisco support contract then simply RMA it.

If you haven't then you need to move to current technology (recommended) or find a 2nd hand replacement.

You're probably also running it in an EOL chassis on EOL software too https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/eos-eol-notice-listing.html so definitely time to consider upgrading.

why i help them fix the software, wich none u could done and killer is i never was train to even code it, 

u know how easy it is to code the swich cisco got in privent contrack with me as a person under my condtions, i would get all updates,  but sence my software so out date would meen all data even flash had be del and rebuilt,  i love know how many of u could do that,  hay that was easy part forceing swich to crash to give them the needed information was lot harder, , but in 20 mins i crash it they got there data in few days fix was put up and 4 updates installed,  i love know how many people none busness can work with cicso otherme   have fun with that, and by way wism is fully working i help microsoft for 30 years to do one thing crash domain controlers makeing shure it was log i was only person alow talk to builders, out 150  cases microsoft could close 0 was all codeing probems,  so as u all would sent it back i help them to fix it, i like know how much did u spend to learn nothing at all 

Nothing you have said here makes a useful contribution to this community because all you have done is moan about Cisco and boast about you own abilities but you have not shared any technical information which others on this community could use to help recover their WISM-2 if it failed.  If you really want to help people then share concise, step by step technical instructions on what you did to recover from the failure you vaguely mentioned.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card