cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wism Code upgrade question

Eric Lindsey
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading our controllers soon. The controllers have a primary image 7.0.220 and a backup image 7.0.116. After I upgrade to 7.3.103 what will be my primary and backup images before I reboot the controller? What will they be after the reboot? We are planning to use the predownload function to get the 7.3 code on the access points ahead of time.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

7.0.220.0 will be your backup code. You do need to make sure you set which code is default also.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7.3 will create a second 10 Gbps distribution port.

I would recommend you go directly to 7.4.100.0 instead of 7.3.X.  Alot of new features such as improved Bonjour. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

7.0.220.0 will be your backup code. You do need to make sure you set which code is default also.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Marco Gonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

When you do an upgrade on a wireless LAN controller the current primary image will become the backup image and the new image will be the new primary image.

You can do a "show boot" on the controller to verify which one is the primary and the backup image.

Also you can select which image you want to use (active) if the primary or the backup by using the following commands:

config boot primary  > This will make the primary image active

config boot backup  > This will make the backup image active

I hope this information helps.

Eric Lindsey
Level 1
Level 1

Is installing the 7.3 code going to open up the second 10gig port channel to the 6509 backplane as well as allow for 1000 access points or is there more that needs to be done to open that up? I have asked around but I seem to get different answers.

7.3 will create a second 10 Gbps distribution port.

I would recommend you go directly to 7.4.100.0 instead of 7.3.X.  Alot of new features such as improved Bonjour. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card