cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wlan controller shows that user is associated but user has no ping

fereshtemohebbi
Level 1
Level 1

I have WLC5520HA1. The AP configuration are default. The problem is that some users, see that their Wifi is aconnected but they have no data. I checked, the WLC shows that the user is associated but even I am not able to ping the user from WLC.The user should disconnect the Wifi then connect again to have access to network. Is it related to User Idle Timeout( by default it is 5 min)?

Could you please let me know what can I check or it depends to which parameters?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify the complete network connection on the user's device once it is connected ; make sure it got an IP address assigned (e.g.). This is usually done via DHCP.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes it received IP address via DHCP and I see the associated IP address in Wlan controller panel. I do the test ping from the Wlan controller panel but I see time out. When the user disconnect the Wifi and connect again he receive the same Ip and has ping.

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello

What is the client's hardware?

What is the WLC software version?

Does the client go in the RUN state?

debug client <mac-address> may shed some light on the issue. 

The Client has mac book but it happens to many users But I am trying to debug the issue. The WLC software version 8.3.143.0. Yeah I will give it a try

StuartMacrae83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did you ever get a resolution for this issue?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card