Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 FlexConnect problem

gimp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a Cisco WLC 5508 with 65 access point attached to it and 16 WLANs configured in FlexConnect. I have upgraded the WLC software with the 8.5.135 version and now I have two problem. 

First, I can save the configuration via HTTP web console.

Second, In a WLAN configured and already present in the past inside the wlc config or when I try to configure a new WLAN with the FlexConnect Local Switching enabled and apply it, the following message  comes back:

"FelexConnect Local Switching::Request Failed - Cannot Configure WLAN with 32 Byte profile as Local switching".

How ca i resolve it ?

thanks

Michele

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I see that the new version doesn't accept apexs in the WLAN Profile name. I've changed the name from "Axis Chiesa Sant'Urbano Counters" to "Axis Chiesa SantUrbano Counters" and I resolved the problem.

For the first problem, the save configuration from Web console, I don't know why it doesn't work

Thanks

View solution in original post

Sorry,

but I resolved also the second problem: it was enough to logout and login again

Thanks

Michele

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

First, I can save the configuration via HTTP web console.

Did you try with other web browsers and is there any error you get? 

Second, In a WLAN configured and already present in the past inside the wlc config or when I try to configure a new WLAN with the FlexConnect Local Switching enabled and apply it, the following message  comes back:

"FelexConnect Local Switching::Request Failed - Cannot Configure WLAN with 32 Byte profile as Local switching".

What is the WLAN ID number of the SSID and the name of the Profile?

I see that the new version doesn't accept apexs in the WLAN Profile name. I've changed the name from "Axis Chiesa Sant'Urbano Counters" to "Axis Chiesa SantUrbano Counters" and I resolved the problem.

For the first problem, the save configuration from Web console, I don't know why it doesn't work

Thanks

Sorry,

but I resolved also the second problem: it was enough to logout and login again

Thanks

Michele

That's the reason why I wanted to check what you had as your profile name since the WLC can be picky about certain character selections.

Good job for picking it up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: