Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 FlexConnect problem

gimp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a Cisco WLC 5508 with 65 access point attached to it and 16 WLANs configured in FlexConnect. I have upgraded the WLC software with the 8.5.135 version and now I have two problem. 

First, I can save the configuration via HTTP web console.

Second, In a WLAN configured and already present in the past inside the wlc config or when I try to configure a new WLAN with the FlexConnect Local Switching enabled and apply it, the following message  comes back:

"FelexConnect Local Switching::Request Failed - Cannot Configure WLAN with 32 Byte profile as Local switching".

How ca i resolve it ?

thanks

Michele

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I see that the new version doesn't accept apexs in the WLAN Profile name. I've changed the name from "Axis Chiesa Sant'Urbano Counters" to "Axis Chiesa SantUrbano Counters" and I resolved the problem.

For the first problem, the save configuration from Web console, I don't know why it doesn't work

Thanks

View solution in original post

Sorry,

but I resolved also the second problem: it was enough to logout and login again

Thanks

Michele

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

First, I can save the configuration via HTTP web console.

Did you try with other web browsers and is there any error you get? 

Second, In a WLAN configured and already present in the past inside the wlc config or when I try to configure a new WLAN with the FlexConnect Local Switching enabled and apply it, the following message  comes back:

"FelexConnect Local Switching::Request Failed - Cannot Configure WLAN with 32 Byte profile as Local switching".

What is the WLAN ID number of the SSID and the name of the Profile?

I see that the new version doesn't accept apexs in the WLAN Profile name. I've changed the name from "Axis Chiesa Sant'Urbano Counters" to "Axis Chiesa SantUrbano Counters" and I resolved the problem.

For the first problem, the save configuration from Web console, I don't know why it doesn't work

Thanks

Sorry,

but I resolved also the second problem: it was enough to logout and login again

Thanks

Michele

That's the reason why I wanted to check what you had as your profile name since the WLC can be picky about certain character selections.

Good job for picking it up.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card