Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 - Link test fails

fabiogarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody!

I have a WLC5508 working fine right now, using IOS 7.3

When I try to do a Link test on some users to check signal quality, noise, etc... I received the error message below

ScreenShot395.jpg

Any suggestion ??

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes it does. You don't have always try to perform a link test on a client. If you look at the client on the monitor status, you can see their signal and other info which is valuable. Doesn't mean that the link test will always work either. Some devices don't respond back.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal. Some devices just don't support link test.

-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Agree with Scott.  I believe if wireless NIC manufacturers are not signatory to CCX then the clients will not be able to do Link Tests.

Handheld barcode scanners are good examples. 

Thats exactly correct. You cant pull this data unless the client is CCX enabled. I also think you need to enable aironet exten as well

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

fabiogarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Most of my clients shows up with

CCX Version - CCXv4

Is that means they are compliance ?

Pls find below a screen shot

thanks!!!

Yes it does. You don't have always try to perform a link test on a client. If you look at the client on the monitor status, you can see their signal and other info which is valuable. Doesn't mean that the link test will always work either. Some devices don't respond back.

-Scott

thank you very much!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card