WLC 5508 Recent Trap Logs

cuellar52
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 5508  wireless lan controller we have two SSID configured

Profile Name : Corporate and Guest

When I go look at the Most Recent Traps all I see is

Client with Mac address blah has joined your corporate, this goes on for sometime. But I am unable to see any of the Guest logs joining the network, I have since then grabbed my laptop and connected to the guest log.

I still dont see any logs in Most Recent Traps for the Guest SSID WLAN configuration, I then blocked my Mac address and tried to connect again, No logs.

I need to also montior the guest network is there some special tick box I need to apply for this to work? Once the guest is connected I can view them in the clients list but it never shows them on MOST RECENT TRAPS but I want to see the guests account connecting or failing to connect as we currently have a rogue device annoying me.

I'm stuck any help would be great.

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using an anchor controller for your guest connection ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using an anchor controller for your guest connection ?

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Yep your on the money, new to the company once you mentioned that I fished around and found the guest anchor.

thankyou for pointing me in the right direction

Ok, thats was easy ...