cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 Country-Code

sforster123
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Comunity, i've got a little topic with a 5520 / IOS 8.3.133.0: Menu Wireless - Coutry: 36 countrys are enabled: AR, AT, BE, BO, BR, CH, CL, CN, CO, CZ, DE, DK, ES, FR, GB, GR, HR, HU, IN, IT, LI, LU, MX, NL, PA, PE, PL, PT, RO, SE, SK, TH, TR, UA, VE, ZA But just 27 are selectable on an AccessPoint Config Menu. Not at the end, not on the beginning of alphabetic order. For exaple i miss AR, BO, BR, CO, PE... Testet with Internet Explorer 11; Chrome 62 and Ice-Dragon 65. Any Ideas? BR Siggi
6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Just use one country code for your AP and controller , probably the country you are in.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

HI Marce, thx for your reply. i manage from germany AccessPoints international. China, India, Europe, South america, africa... We buy them all over, not just the eupean version. For example it's not possible to run a asian AP (regulatory domain) with an country code of Europe. Change the CC changes the frequencies and chanels to the local rules for US, Europe and Japan. Maybe it's an option to use one CC for each continent as workaround. BR Siggi

Hi,

from Release 8.2 onwards, you can configure up to 110 country codes per Cisco WLC. This multiple-country support enables you to manage access points in various countries from a single Cisco WLC.

what exact error oyu are getting while enabling the rest of the country codes ?

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi, I'm running IOS 8.3.133. There is not an Error, some CC are not selectable on the Advance-page of the AccessPoint. please have a look to the attatchments!

This is a -E AP, so it only supports the European (and few other) countries. Is one of those missing?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Typically you purchase the ap for the country the ap will be installed during the purchase using a specific sku. Now if this is a universal sku access point, not every country allows that and thus why you don’t have all the choices.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card