cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 no SSH to standby WLC?

chris-doro
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if it is a bug or feature?
We've a WLC5520-HA-pair (software version 8.10.185.0), but I can only access the active WLC directly.
I know I can only access the standby-WLC through SSH, but I need to ssh from router, which has one direct connected interface in the WLC-management VLAN. But I can not connect via SSH from other network. It only works to active WLC.
I can ping the standby, but trying to use SSH just shows unanswered SYN-packets.
It seems, that standby WLC does not know the default-gw. But why can it reply to pings?
I am using the management ip-address, not the redundancy port. Redundancy ports are connected, but with 169.254. addresses.
Service port is not used.
Thanks.

2 Replies 2

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

When you say Management IP, you mean "redundant management interface IP"?

Once SSO is enabled, you can access the standby controller through a console connection or through SSH on the service port and on the redundant management interface.

CJ

Rich R
VIP
VIP

You should be using the Service port.

Note that once in HA-SSO the routes must be configured on both WLCs separately. While logged into the active WLC:
"config route" for the active WLC and
"config redundancy peer-route" for the standby WLC.

"show route summary" and "show redundancy peer-route summary" to check the configured routes on each.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card