cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 8.5 support WIFI 6

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi we have WLC 3504/v8.5.140 and ap3802. After user change to WIFI 6 card, there is connection issue. Its very easy to disconnect to wifi. Does this ios support it? Thank you

17 Replies 17

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

Can I say like this? This NIC is for wifi6, but current wlc/ap do not support wifi 6, so the NIC still be able to work with wifi5 instead of wifi 6. If this is case, user's PC with the NIC 6 still can work with the wlc 8.5/AP 3802 for wifi 5 not wifi6? You are talking about if it is support. what I concern is if there is compatibility issue that can cause wifi disconnection issue. so far we are still waiting for client further info. 

Yea a wifi 6 NIC can work with ax,n,a,g,n.  I have an iPhone 13 that can connect to older networks along with a Samsung S21 that is wifi 6e that can connect to older protocols with no issues.  The issue is with the NIC and or the driver.  The netsh show wlan reports will show you information on the client side that can help you investigate.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

To summarise all of that:

1. Upgrade to latest 8.5 release to eliminate possible bugs in older release (read the release notes first) and test before deploying (if possible)

2. 99% probability that your problem is caused by faulty NIC driver software or configuration.  Numerous problems with Intel WiFi 6 NIC drivers which should be mostly resolved in the very latest release out a few weeks ago (end of Jan 2022) - should be v22.110.1 or later.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card