cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc 9800-CL and a registered C9130AXI-E (aptest1) & AIR-AP2802I-E (aptest2)

Frank Benders
Level 1
Level 1

wlc 9800-CL and a registered C9130AXI-E (aptest1) & AIR-AP2802I-E (aptest2)

At this moment we are in test fase for deploying C9130AX series AP's. The 9800-CL is running version 17.1.1s.

1. The C9130AXI is not visible as a Dual-Band radio. The 2802I is.

wlctest-01#show ap dot11 dual-band summary
AP Name Mac Address Slot Admin State Oper State Width Txpwr Mode Subband channel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aptest2 2c5a.0f55.d040 0 Enabled Up 20 *1/6 (16 dBm) Local All (1)*

2. Country code correct?
wlctest-01#show ap status
AP Name Status Mode Country
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
aptest1 Enabled Local NL
aptest2 Enabled Local NL

In a Linux client: sudo iw dev wlan0 scan
The 9130AXI is the country: Country: NP Environment: bogus
The 2802I is: Country: NL Environment: Indoor/Outdoor

Check with a Fluke Aircheck shows the same.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That is not a problem.... Take a look at the WebUI under Configuration | Wireless | Access Points. You will be able to tell why you see dual band and why you don't on specific ap's. This is defined in the XOR radio and something to understand but not worry about.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott for your help. I think the confusing started in this document: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9100ax-access-points/deployment-guide-c07-743490.html#Legacyantennasupport

What I like to do/try is showed in Figure 30 en 31. Splitting 1x (8x8)  to 2x (4x4). The next (rather blurred) screendumps are not what I see on my controller. 

Stay safe and kind regards.

Adding a thought, Is it possible that a 9130AX AP needs additional power. > 30W (802.3at PoE+)? (The specifications states that

802.3af (15.4W) the radio's are 1x1)

You only need PoE+ Keepnin mind that only a few models would show up with dual band radios so don’t get that stuck in your head that the 91x0 are not functional. Only AP’s that has external module options like the 3702, 3802, 4802 to name a few will show up in the dual band radios.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The power requirements depend on if you want to use the USB or not.
If with USB, then UPOE for full antenna features are required:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9100ax-access-points/nb-06-cat-9130-ser-ap-ds-cte-en.html

Frank Benders
Level 1
Level 1

All seemed to be fixed in 17.2.1 release. So that's nice. Thx.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card