Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC ap_count license issue

zwjames056
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

I'd two WLCs (for Serial Number FCH2037V357 & FCH2035V4GU), and take total 94 ap_count license in the same case.

But now I find that, the license were shared with two WLCs automatically, then the ap_count are 97 on my WLC (by 50 default and 94/2=47 ap_count license). It's not meets requirements with my Architecture, now I want take 10 ap_count licenses from a WLC (serial number : FCH2037V357) to the other (serial number : FCH2035V4GU), for 87 ap_count with FCH2037V357 and 107 ap_count with FCH2035V4GU, what can I do for that?

Best Regards,

Adonis

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sandjose_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

If it is 8540/5520/7500/8500 you can move the license by yourself since it is RTU based

If you are using 5500 then it is honor based , contact  Cisco TAC to have the license moved

View solution in original post

Hi Adonis,

You have some private information posted here and I don't think anyone here wants to see that.I suggest you may black out the private stuff.

See here . 5520 carry RTU licenses if you have purchase enough for your project.you can move them around in any combination as long as it doesn't exceed total amount

Cheers

Prabath

**Please rate all the useful answers**

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sandjose_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

If it is 8540/5520/7500/8500 you can move the license by yourself since it is RTU based

If you are using 5500 then it is honor based , contact  Cisco TAC to have the license moved

Hi Adonis,

You have some private information posted here and I don't think anyone here wants to see that.I suggest you may black out the private stuff.

See here . 5520 carry RTU licenses if you have purchase enough for your project.you can move them around in any combination as long as it doesn't exceed total amount

Cheers

Prabath

**Please rate all the useful answers**

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

zwjames056
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

It's work, my WLC type is 5520, and I trun the license type to RTU, now I move the ap_count to the other WLC successful. thanks a lot.

Adonis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: