Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Change Port

JoN41989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have an implementation where it was necessary to change the WLC port, for example:

IP WLC: 10.10.10.10:8080 (Any port other than sea 80 and 443)

This is in order to be able to use other ports and not work with traditional ones, but apparently the WLC by default handles 80 and 443.

I was reading in the Cisco documentation if it was possible to change the port of any WLC model, but so far we have not found anything, now, is it possible to change the Port of a WLC or use the default 80 and 443 ?

I hope to have support to clarify this doubt.

Best regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can access WLC only via 80 and 443. You can't change the same to 8080 or any other ports.

Can you pls tel us why you want to change the port of WLC access ?

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can not change the ports for HTTP or HTTPS to access the WLC. All you can do is enable or disable them

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You can access WLC only via 80 and 443. You can't change the same to 8080 or any other ports.

Can you pls tel us why you want to change the port of WLC access ?

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Hi Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran,

Thanks for your answer, the reason to change the port is to achieve the remote access but with the condition of handling it as follows, for example: HTTPS or http://10.10.10.10:8080

This because in the Firewall I can assign a port and preferably I would not use the traditional (80 or 443) to maintain the privacy of the WLC.

Thanks for the support.

Cordial Greetings.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can not change the ports for HTTP or HTTPS to access the WLC. All you can do is enable or disable them

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Haydn,

Thanks for your comments, then we come to the conclusion that it is not possible to assign a specific port to the WLC other than those that are by default 80 and 443.

Thanks for the support.

Greetings Cordial

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card