cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC HA - Primary und Backup swapped on installation, license lost?

marcant01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We ordered a WLC HA Bundle with 2x5508 controllers. Accidentally I swapped both WLC when I configured them.

After everything was installed, I noticed that there were no licences. Is there a way the get the licences from the backup WLC and move them to the primary WLC?

Kind regards,

André

3 Replies 3

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

Andre,

The Primary WLC has to be the Primary unit, The secondary does not have contain licenses, it will inherit the licenses  for 30 days from the Primary unit, IF the Primary unit fails. 

I hope this helps.

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. But that is not the problem. The licenses were installed on the backup wlc before it was integrated into the HA cluster. And now I cannot find a way retrieve/move them to the primary.

Thanks!

You should contact the licensing desk (licensing@cisco.com) explain what you want and why you want it. Don't forget to provide your CCO account, all of the serial numbers and the original PAC codes for the AP licenses.

If you just swapped the two units on which the licenses where pre-installed (so no activation of licenses by you) you need to rebuild the setup. Make sure that the unit which has the primary role is the one with the AP licenses.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card