Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC License issue

My WLC has 45 permanent licenses and all are in use. Also, I see that WLC has an evaluation license with 12 12-week expiry, with a 1500 RTU license. Evaluation license in Inactive and permanent license is active 

Now if I want to add one more AP, can I enable an evaluation license with a permanent license? Does that mean both can work ??? 

What is the solution to add one more AP? If I activate the evaluation license then I believe AP will be registered on it on a temporary basis but after the activation evaluation license, will my permanent license become inactive? IF yes then making it permanently active again is easy or challenging? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, what I sent you above is same thing, its just CLI instead of GUI. When you add license its not for 12 weeks only, it will be added to permanent pool until you remove that 1 license.

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

ammahend
VIP
VIP

you can just do "license add ap-count 1" from CLI, type "Y" to accept RTU terms.

it will add 1 license to your permanent count.

its RTU so no enforcement, but to be compliant Cisco expects you to use the count as much as licenses you have purchased.

-hope this helps-

Thanks Ammahend for your reply.

So adding license as you said, will be temporary basis , isn't it ? 

>... will be temporary basis , isn't it ? 
  - It will be permanent , only Cisco expects that you still buy license(s) as needed , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

you can add 1 licenses and also delete 1 license later.

(WLC01) >show license permanent
RTU License Count: 440
(WLC01) >license add ap-count 1
RTU License Count: 441
(WLC01) >license delete ap-count 1
RTU License Count: 440

-hope this helps-

I am attaching a snap. Can I do the same for my scenario? And additional 1 license will be for 12 weeks? Thanks in advance.

aamir1987ansarigmailcom_0-1698301618285.pngaamir1987ansarigmailcom_1-1698301648781.png

Yes, what I sent you above is same thing, its just CLI instead of GUI. When you add license its not for 12 weeks only, it will be added to permanent pool until you remove that 1 license.

-hope this helps-

Thank you very much Ammahend. One more query, pls help me. after adding the license, is it required to reboot WLC ?

No, you will immediately see the count change. 

-hope this helps-

Ok. understood. Thanks for help

Thanks 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card