Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc wrong image dowload

robinwenham
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

We have a customer with a 5508 controller running 7.4.110.0.  It has a backup image of 7.2.111.3.

When we added a 1242 access point to it recently the access point was offered the wrong image version: it was offered and downloaded 7.2.111.3 instead of 7.4.110.0. Naturally it downloaded and installed this version and rebooted - and then found that it had the wrong image version for the running image, so downloaded a new image...7.2.111.3 again...

When we connected the AP to a sister WLC it was offered the correct 7.4.110.0 image, downloaded it and after a reboot we could connect it fine to the original WLC.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or can anyone suggest why this might be.  I've attached the show boot from the WLC.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Robin,

Can you show the output of show ap image all

Also, can you try to join it again with debug lwapp events enable and show the output?

k.aumell
Level 1
Level 1

Was there a solution to this? I have an identical problem, just with newer version of code? Many thanks in advance

I experienced similar issue before wherein a contractor upgraded the WLC software and some AP models are not joining.  Seems that the installation of the new code did not go properly as seeing errors like APxxx image not found.

It happened to a warehouse environment wherein there's only a 4 hour down time (maintenance window).  I helped the contractor and decided to try reinstall the software and used Prime as the ftp server that time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card