cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC5508 CLI to show actual data rates in operation

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

A couple of questions for the experts out there on a WLC5508 v8.5.x latest code:

1. Is there a CLI command that shows the actual data rates in effect, unlike the GUI that has a checkbox that will make it appear as if the rates are in effect when in fact they will not until the data network is disabled the changes applied, and the data network re-enabled?

1. Is this requirement that the data network be disabled before 802.11.g data rates can be changed accurate or does that only apply to other rates, not g rate? I just clicked on the checkbox in the GUI and assumed I would have to wait until after hours to disable the network and now I’m being told the change is live—kind of confusing because the documentation says otherwise I thought.

1. Has anyone seen maintenance operations such as failover/reboots cause 802.11g data rate settings to change? We lost 802.11g settings last week after changing ciphers and failing over and rebooting both SSO units.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@lcaruso wrote:
  1. Is there a CLI command that shows the actual data rates in effect, unlike the GUI that has a checkbox that will make it appear as if the rates are in effect when in fact they will not until the data network is disabled the changes applied, and the data network re-enabled?

In CLI, use this command 

grep include Current.Rate|Supported.Rates "show client detail <WIRELESS CLIENT MAC ADDRESS>"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@lcaruso wrote:

In CLI, use this command 

grep include Current.Rate|Supported.Rates "show client detail <WIRELESS CLIENT MAC ADDRESS>"
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card