cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE Location Manager

jklausse
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to add a new campus, but nothing happens!

The WLSE version is 2.11.

Is there anyone out there who has succeeded with creating a new campus in this release?

Thanks!

15 Replies 15

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are you using IE?. Try re-loading the box and see if it helps.

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

I ran into this exact same issue yesterday with 2.11. I will try the suggestion of a box reload and see if that helps. I was accessing WLSE via IE 6.0 SP1.

D

mironduplessis
Level 1
Level 1

I have also recently installed Ver 2.11 on the WLSE.

I have tried adding a Site/Campus with IE and with Mozilla. There doesnt seem to be a way to add a site or campus through the command line.

Might have to wait for Cisco's next release.

mironduplessis
Level 1
Level 1

I have managed to install a new Campus/Site.

I had to restart the actual WLSE Device.

When it came up worked fine.

Still getting the same issue. Have reloaded WLSE from within the webadmin no joy. Have reloaded from the CLI - no joy. Have shut device down and then repowered - still no joy. Using IE 6.0 SP1 with JRE 1.4.2_06.

Any one else still having the same issue after reloading. Tried with my own account (Sys admin role) and with the default admin account. Both the same.

TIA

D

My initial joy was short lived. When I first tried to add a campus and click OK on the Campus/Site add

dialog it never went through just would apply the command.

Once I reloaded the box it came back with the name of the campus that I was trying to create in the list. But when I tried to create another campus it wouldnt go through, not even a reload of the box again would put it in the list.

Seems like the software needs a bit of work.

It didn’t work for me, but I have opened a TAC case on this problem!

MATTHEW BALYUZI
Level 1
Level 1

Have a look in the Java console when you hit the OK button when trying to add a campus. I get an error that seems to be database related.

When I get a chance I'm going to try a clean install of 2.11 as I suspect the upgrade from 2.9 hasn't gone perfectly smoothly.

It could be an impact from the bug in AP's reports that may have created excessive amount of rogues in database.

Please check if this is the case.

1. http://wlse-address:1741/debug/dbquery.jsp

select count(*) from l2devices

2. If the value is more than, say 5,000, try follow the step below

3. http://wlse-address:1741/debug/dbupdate.jsp

delete from l2devices

4. Go to Admin page and restart services

Just finished a clean install of 2.11 built from the ISO image on CCO (May image not the april release) and I can now create different Sites without an issue. I note there is now a download file to apply to 2.9.1 BEFORE you upgrade to 2.11. You also have to take a backup after applying the patch but before the upgrade.

HTH

D

mmletzko
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone get a REAL answer for this? I just opened a case, but was wondering if anyone else has gotten a solution other than reload the box from scratch.

One of the boxes I upgraded had nothing on it, so to me the 'reload' solution is ridiculous. Upgraded a 2.9 and a 2.9.1 box (applying the pre-patch to both). Both have the same problem.

I got a solution at last...

Had to use a 2.11 recovery CD, and start from beginning. But the upgrade solution was really bad. We started from v. 2.9 -> 2.9.1a -> fix -> 2.11 with no luck!

After this action we don’t have any problems so far.

Jan-Erik

OK..here's the real solution:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsb00795

In case the link doesn't work...here's the bug fix procedure:

Login to WLSE as admin user.

Goto http://:1741/debug/dbupdate.jsp

Enter the following SQL statement:

create sequence siteid_seq as integer start with 10001 increment by 1 minvalue 0 no maxvalue no cycle no cache

I just duplicated this and it works.

Thanks

:-) Ed

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card