cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR-1001X & ASR-920 transfering license

PK99
Level 1
Level 1

We have RMA'd an ASR1001-X and ASR920-12CZ-D.  Both these units had 10G licenses that we purchased and need to put on the new units when they arrive - we need to transfer the license over to the RMA replacement units.  Is there a link on how to do this?  I'm guessing the license is tied to the serial number of the chassis so is it even possible?  Or do I need to contact our Cisco Rep?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes once the card installed it tied to the serial number, some of the licenses can not be transferable as per i know, but suggest contacting the cisco License team or rep - they can suggest you best.

If cisco RMA due to failure you can install in the same chassis cisco will change automatically, but if you installing new chassis ( may be contact cisco)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

If you replacing the chassis, Once RMA arrived, you can replace it as usual and contact cisco, they can transfer the License automatically ( part of the RMA process this may have done already).

If this is not a smart License, still an issue contact License team or you can raise concern on the same TAC case, they intern contact License team and sort fo you. (if the TAC case open still or re-opened)

BB

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes once the card installed it tied to the serial number, some of the licenses can not be transferable as per i know, but suggest contacting the cisco License team or rep - they can suggest you best.

If cisco RMA due to failure you can install in the same chassis cisco will change automatically, but if you installing new chassis ( may be contact cisco)

BB

The licenses are or "bad" chassis, need to put the license on replacement chassis when we receive the RMA replacement from Cisco.  

If you replacing the chassis, Once RMA arrived, you can replace it as usual and contact cisco, they can transfer the License automatically ( part of the RMA process this may have done already).

If this is not a smart License, still an issue contact License team or you can raise concern on the same TAC case, they intern contact License team and sort fo you. (if the TAC case open still or re-opened)

BB

Thank you Balaji!  I will contact TAC once the unit arrives

Khaoula jemoui
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have this problem too with ISR 1100 supporting smart license , is there a link about smart license transfer after RMA?

Thank you

As per the process - Cisco should have an automated tool when they RMA new unit, the new kit should get a smart License automatically since you have replaced it with an old one.

if not contact the TAC case engineer to work for you to sort, or they redirect the right team for you to resolve.

anyway, you have a default RTU 90-day license to work.

BB