Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9010 Power Landings

What are benefits of landing all 12 A M0 M1 M2 and B M0 M1 M2 on both sides with -48 DC ? Is this necessary?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tkarnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"admin show environment power"

this is a useful command, it tells us both the total power used, worst power needed and if we have redundancy.

this is the reason we would populate both feeds to have more total power or you can have 1 input feed on each power module. this will give you more redundancy in case a power module fails.

Thanks

View solution in original post

some customers use the same for feed A, feed B per power supply.

they can be from different sources as well, so you will still have the power supply running. however if 1 feed fails you lose half the input power

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tkarnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"admin show environment power"

this is a useful command, it tells us both the total power used, worst power needed and if we have redundancy.

this is the reason we would populate both feeds to have more total power or you can have 1 input feed on each power module. this will give you more redundancy in case a power module fails.

Thanks

Thank you, I have concluded Tray 1 and Tray 2 are separate. Now makes since. apparently this was wired where if I lost one plant, I will lose half my power supplies. awesome..

some customers use the same for feed A, feed B per power supply.

they can be from different sources as well, so you will still have the power supply running. however if 1 feed fails you lose half the input power

Thanks