Views
Helpful
Replies

Install Lic NCS-6008

Carlos Ordonez Rubiano
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

I am NCE III in America Mobile, in Guatemala, and in this moment I have a project whit the installation of 1 license in NCS6008 for 2 SFP CPAK 100G.

PID: S-NC6-PAYG-200-M= 

NCS 6000 2x100GE Multiservice PAYG Upgrade License   

Quantity: 1

PID: CPAK-100G-LR4= 

CPAK-100G-LR4 Transceiver module, 10km SMF 

Quantity: 2

Please you can send me the information necessarily and procedure for install it.

I need information about how install this licenses.

Thanks and best regards

3 Replies 3

smailmilak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Carlos,

have you got the PAK number in an envelope? If yes, then go to cisco.com/go/license and log in with your CCO.

Type in the PAK number and follow the instructions. When you are asked for UDI Product ID and UDI Serial Number go to your NCS and type "admin show license udi".

After that you should receive the .lic file which you will copy to the device.

Check out this link: http://www.fryguy.net/2012/06/04/cisco-ios-xr-installing-license-files/

I have personally never touched a NCS but it's running IOS-XR and it should be the same like it is on ASR9K and CSR. 

Hi smailmilak,

I have the file, i was download it from:

http://cisco.com/go/license

But i need the commands for install or active the license: S-NC6-PAYG-200-M= 

You have someone link o guide where i can get this procedure.

Thanks

Hi,

did you copy the .lic file to the device via TFTP, FTP or usb disk?

If no then you should do it first. Please follow the link I have sent you before.

If you have physical access to the device then use USB disk to copy the .lic file from.

Just type "copy" and  "?" and check what options you have.

After the .lic file has been copied then type "admin", "conf ter" and "license".

I think this is a slot based license, which means that you should associate it with the location of the line card for which you want to enable 2x100G.