Replies

ISSU on ASR9006

azharmsoomro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have few questions on ASR 9006

Is ISSU supported on ASR 9006. 

Is it hitless or should we expect any packet loss. Also if you have any document or pointer that can walk me through the ISSU process on ASR 9006 , I will really appreciate it. ( I have ISSU document from Nexus and 6500 but want to know is it different or how is it done in ASR 9006)

Thanks

Azhar

4 Replies 4

amaged
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Azhar,

ISSU is a framework and includes many different parts, SMUs are one part of it, OS upgrade is another part so i am not sure which one you are referring to exactly.

I would suggest you take your question with your Cisco account team,  they would be able to give you more details on the current state of ISSU  on ASR9K.

Regards,

Ahmed

Don't understand what you mean SMU ISSU and OS ISSU, for OS we all know should have the ISSU support, but if u install the SMU, for some ones need to reload, for some ones no need.

What do u mean by SMU upgrade ISSU.

Thanks and regards,

Hu Xu

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

You rightly said that there are few SMUs that require the reload of router .

When using ISSU for such a SMU activation ; the traffic hit will be as per ISSU standards and complete traffic will not be brought down (as in case of classic reload when complete router reloads and traffic is down till router boots up )

Gaurav Madan
Level 1
Level 1

Azhar ,

The following should be useful for you to understand ISSU on ASR9k :

http://www.cisco.com/web/Cisco_IOS_XR_Software/pdf/ISSU_SMUs_Overview.pdf

Please go through the cisco documentation for ISSU on ASR9K . The process is not completely hitless .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: