Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue ASR9K XR 3.4.3

Anyone can help ?  I found error log on XR 3.4.3 this below:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:May  1 03:28:36.952 BKK: exec[65892]: %MGBL-exec-3-TTY_DETAILS : exec_init: tty_details_from_device_file() failed
RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:May  1 03:28:36.956 BKK: exec[65892]: Unable to get tty details from device file

Can suggest me ?

5 Replies 5

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jirasak,

this is addressed with CSCul90496

I dont think the ddts has proper release notes so you may not be able to look it up online. it is integrated in XR 52 onwards.

For now you can ignore these warnings.

regards!

xander

Is there a way to filter the log messages from coming into the router?  Typically I would add a logging suppress rule like the following:

logging suppress rule mac_resync
alarm L2 L2FIB MAC_TABLE_RESYNC_COMPLETE
!
logging suppress apply rule mac_resync
all-of-router

For the following error message however, what fields would be input for category, group name, and message code, since the log error doesnt seem to have all of those fields present

NJYXR1 RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Jul 22 07:48:07 EDT: exec[65898]: Unable to get tty details from device file

hi brian!

yeah the message is dissected slightly differently for the alarm piece.

RP/0/RP1/CPU0:ASR9922#l2vpn resynchronize forwarding mac-address-table locatio$

Fri Jul 22 07:56:11.529 EDT

RP/0/RP1/CPU0:ASR9922#LC/0/5/CPU0:Jul 22 07:56:33.094 EDT: vkg_l2fib_mac_cache[388]: %PLATFORM-PLAT_L2FIB_MAC_CACHE-6-RESYNC_COMPLETE : The resynchronization of the MAC address table is complete 0/5/CPU0

Then the alarm statement would be: RED PURPLE PINK

alarm PLATFORM PLAT_L2FIB_MAC_CACHE RESYNC_COMPLETE

realize that the nag killer is not well documented, let me post out some info that I have in a separate document/article on the front page.

xander

I was specifically looking to block the following message

NJYXR1 RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Jul 22 07:48:07 EDT: exec[65898]: Unable to get tty details from device file

I already have the mac table resync working.  The above log message does not seem to contain the category, group name, or message code so is there another way to filter?

yeah those you can't these are not syslog messages as such but merely like "printf" statements. With the logging correlator you can't suppress these "unfortmatted" messages.

xander