cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS57C3, IOS-XR 7.7.21, Load-balancing of the MPLS traffic (L2VPNs)

VSlavkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community!

I upgraded our NCS57C3 routers from 7.5.2 to 7.7.21 but after this the MPLS traffic is not load balanced between the links.

NCS57C3 with 7.5.2 load balances the traffic perfectly but 7.7.21 - first link is exceeded, second and third - no traffic.

I read documentation and release notes for all releases from 7.5.2 to 7.7.21 but find nothing.

I will be very thankful if anybody is faced this issue and share his experience!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you shutdown first link is the traffic going to second ?

May be Bug ? if this effecting - i will contact TAC or roll back to old code working as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yeah, the traffic goes to the other link in case of shutdown of the exceeded one.

At the moment, I am doing downgrade to 7.5.2 because there is a business impact.

Still not sure if it is a bug or there is any change in release 7.7.21 regarding load-balancing. 

You use pseudo backup tech?

VSlavkov
Level 1
Level 1

I finished the downgrade a few minutes ago. The first thing which i noticed is the load-balancing of the links works properly.

I read somewhere that 7.7.21 is probably the most stable release, but the article disappeared after a few days.

glad to know rol-back (is way forward if i were you) and contact TAC also the issue you experienced.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help