Views
Helpful
Replies

Power module redundancy on ASR9910 platform

mw79
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

does anybody know which kind of redundancy we have on ASR9910 with AC power modules? According to the data sheet it is N+N for AC. According to a "admin show environment power" it is "Total output power capacity (N + 1) : 6000W + 6000W". So what is true? If I need to extend the power modules do I have two add two AC modules or can I just add one.

BR

3 Replies 3

tkarnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is power feed redundancy and N+1 redundancy listed in the output of admin show environment power.

it will let you know how much power is available if you were to lose an entire power module.

you can add 1 AC module with two feeds to get 6000w

One question regarding DC power modules. I have four 4,4k modules in one device. All of them have only connection on feed A connector (don't ask me why). The power source itself has two feeds, so it is like two modules have feed A connected and two modules feed B connected (but both to feed A connector). The device shows output capacity of 8800W + 0 W. I understood from data sheet it should be N+1 redundancy for DC. Shouldn't I see more more output capacity on the device? What happens if I loose external feed B (so two of my PSUs). How much power is left?

The device complains that there is no redundancy left, which is correct cause nothing is connected to feed B connector. How does this scenario affect my redundancy and output capacity?

For 1 AC module with two feeds, we connected all PS0’s AC modules to one feed and PS1 to another feed? Should it have been done differently?

IMG_0543.jpeg