can you help me to solve this issue ?

many thanks

8 Replies 8

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Eng.AD27,

Please refer here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/xr-os-and-platforms/policy-rate-problem-in-ncs5500/td-p/4683691

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

this is different issue

My best guess: the Data Plane Agent (DPA) is attempting to program the QoS service policy into TCAM and there is either a lack of TCAM resources (entries) available, or there is some incompatibility between the policy and another feature that has been configured.

I believe the NCS 540/5500 can display iTCAM utilization with something like:

show controller npu internaltcam loc 0/0/cpu0

though I am not entirely sure about the location you would display. The NCS540 SKU you referenced has only a single NPU with only internal TCAM, which I believe should map to slot 0/0.

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

TKService
Level 1
Level 1

Hello
Is there an update here?

We have the same behavior

With the N540X-6Z18G-SYS-D, N540X-6Z18G-SYS-A the input policy ends after 43 and the message appears !!% 'DPA_QOSEA' detected the 'warning' condition 'Out of Resource'

On the N540-ACC-SYS, input policy ends after 191 and the message "!!% 'DPA_QOSEA' detected the 'warning' condition 'Out of Resource'" appears.

or similar on the NNI same problem
interface TenGigE0/0/0/10.291 l2transport
service policy input PMAP-100.0-I-NNI-P-I
!!% 'DPA_QOSEA' detected the 'warning' condition 'Out of Resource'
!
interface TenGigE0/0/0/10.292 l2transport
!
interface TenGigE0/0/0/10.293 l2transport

Is this a hardware or software limit, I only mean building a trunk if you have more than 43 sub interfaces used for the small NCS or 191 for the larger NCS, that would be a strong restriction, which was even possible with the asr920 with the well-known one Buffer problem.

Please clarify @ Cisco otherwise we would also be happy to provide a Tac case

Thank you

A Tac case will be your best method of confirming whether you are running out of TCAM entries allocated to QoS, and whether you can workaround this situation by recarving TCAM with a different SDM profile or by optimizing your class-maps and/or policy-maps. 

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

I would need to see the policy-map and class-maps in detail, indeed qos does use tcam and there is a limit to how many queuing policies you can have but it doesn't matter how many interfaces you apply it to as its only programmed in tcam once if you reuse the policy.

Sam

TKService
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Thanks for your quick answers, I didn't expect it

Here is the excerpt from the policy map:

policy-map PMAP-100.0-S-NNI-P-I
class class-default
police rate 100000 kbps burst 12500 kbytes
!
set mpls experimental imposition 2
!
end-policy-map
!

resources TCAM

TKService_0-1707409355296.png

If any further details are needed, let me know and I would be happy if we could find a solution.

Thanks

TKService
Level 1
Level 1

We will hand this case over to our contractual partner as part of Cisco maintenance.