Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI for Windows 10 - x64

Did somebody know if there will be a TAPI-Driver for Windows 10 - x64?

I couldn't find any information (see https://developer.cisco.com/site/tapi/wiki/supported-windows-os/)

It takes a very long time (about 9 months!) after the release of Windows 8 to get a TAPI-Driver - so how long will it take that Cisco do something for Windows 10?

Thanks for any hints :-)

13 Replies 13

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Windows 10 will be supported in the next release of CUCM. Next version of CUCM will be out in the middle part of next year.

Hi Mohan
I've got some customers running CUCM 10.6 in our HCS environment and they are upgrading to Windows 10 before Microsoft begins to charge a fee for upgrading.

Are there any workaround having these customers running Cisco TAPI on windows 10 - 64 bit

Thanks in advance

Christian

I think Installer needed some changes to make it work in windows 10 but you can try the Cisco TSP installer you have on windows 10 and escalate the issue to Cisco through your channels if it doesn't work. I will try to find if there are any viable work arounds.

Hi is the new TSP available now? Is there a date for this yet? Will we be able to get the TSP and deploy it to earlier versions?

Thanks,

I am waiting for a new version as well. Just tried using CUCM 10.5.2 on Windows 10 and no luck. IP address at times does not stick and lines do not show in dialer. Any updates or work arounds appreciated.

Hi Mohan

Thanks a lot I'll talk with the customers. I believe that they have tried installing it. But I'll catch up with them.

Looks like there is no easy work around for fresh windows 10 machines. If windows version is getting upgraded to Windows 10, the existing TSP should be available after upgrade and continue to work after upgrade. Unless there is requirement to upgrade TSP, users should be ok.

Fresh windows 10 machines do not any workaround.  There is discussion to back port the changes. I will update this thread if there is a back port.

angus_lyons
Level 4
Level 4

I too am hoping that TAPI support windows 10 will be back-ported. As we are currently upgrading customers to 10.5 and many of them are going for Windows 10 in a big way.

It is just not viable to postpone these upgrade until 11.5 is out, and tested.

search for at "Windows 10 support for TAPI" https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com.

You should get the cdet tracking this issue and list of releases that has the fix.

Hi Mohan,

I see Windows 10 supported from CUCM 11.5.  Does that mean I can use this CUCM TAPI plug-in on a Windows 10 64 bits with CUCM 9.1 ?

Is this supported ?

Many thanks...Francois

Hi Francois,

It is not clear what CUCM release and TAPI plug-in release combination you are asking about.

In any case for 9.x Windows 10 support was added in 9.1.2. CDET - CSCuw55248

Regards,

-Mikhail-

Thanks Mikhail,

I see that Windows 10 is supported on 9.1(2)SU5 but my customer is still at the first release of 9.1(2).

What else can we do if the customer stays at 9.1.2.10000-28 ?

Can he use the TAPI plugin from CUCM 91(2)SU5 or CUCM 11.5 that supports Windows 10 and run it on Windows 10 workstations that talk to CUCM 9.1(2) ?

Thanks again,

Francois

Hi Francois,

Please see inline.

Regards,

-Mikhail-