Replies

Catalyst Center + NetFlow

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I would like to check if the following is supported by Catalyst Center,

1. Be a NetFlow Server?

2. Integrate NetFlow solution like Solarwinds NetFlow (NTA) or Stealthwatch solution?

3. If item 2 is possible, what can be done once integrated? Only displaying the NetFlow or I can also configure the NetFlow via the Catalyst Center?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1 and 2 below can answer document :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-7/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_7/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_7_chapter_01010.html#id_133258

DNAC can work most of the Catalyst switches if they are supported with DNAC Matrix - check the supported matrix.

NTA of solarwinds for all device, i was not sure about 3rd party devices with DNAC can work. (never tested).

I can also configure the NetFlow via the Catalyst Center?

If the device managed by DNAC using template you can configure or you can also configure command level.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Catalyst Center will configure itself as a netflow server when you "Enable Application Telemetry" on your cat9ks.  There is a Stealthwatch integration workflow in Catalyst Center, but its purpose is to help with configuration of netflow configs to point the switches at your Stealthwatch Server.  There is no visibility of Stealthwatch data in Catalyst Center.

In general, the best practice, for sending netflow data from a single switch to multiple destinations is to use Cisco Telemetry Broker (CTB).  This is because there are scenarios where we don't support multiple netflow monitors on a single port, so it's easiest to use a single monitor and have CTB send the copies to other destinations.