cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcing Cisco Mobile for Android

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

Heard about our new WebEx app for Android? https://communities.cisco.com/message/63828#63828

Well, we are also very proud to announce Cisco Mobile for Android.

You may already be familiar with our successful Cisco Mobile 8.1 app for iPhone: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11596/index.html

As a reminder, Cisco Mobile is an app that lets you place, receive, and manage calls over a Wi-Fi network using your smartphone.

Cisco Mobile for Android turns your smartphone into an IP phone, while also providing corporate directory lookup and enterprise telephony calling features.

You can run Cisco Mobile for Android in the background to receive calls but not interfere with other applications on your smartphone. With Cisco Mobile, you can also:

·       Use your business phone number for outgoing and incoming calls, masking your personal phone number

·       Move calls from a Wi-Fi to a cellular network, keeping calls live without disconnecting

·       Move calls to your Cisco Unified IP Phone and back, so you can roam while continuing calls

Cisco Mobile for Android features utilize the native Android interface, making them easy to use:

·       Add, conference, and swap calls with multiple callers using simple soft-key commands

·       Be alerted to and listen to your office voice messages with a single click

·       Access your company directory while you are on the go

Cisco Mobile for Android will be available to download in late March 2011.

To learn more, visit www.cisco.com/go/ciscomobileuc and read the datasheet.

You can also read what Samsung had to say about the value of Cisco Mobile in their Feb 13 press release.

So what kind of Android phone do you have? We don't officially support Cisco Mobile on all Android phones, but that doesn't mean you can't give it a try. Come back in late March and give it a try?

Mark Gervase

Collaboration Marketing

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

48 Replies 48

Srinivasan Kilambi,

How do you use a native Android VPN to connect to Cisco VPN?

I have a Motorola Droid X with stock Froyo 2.2.

Thank you.

See this thread on how users have gotten this to work. Please keep in mind this is not a supported solution by Cisco

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3275996#3275996

Thanks

Srini

jspilde
Level 1
Level 1

My account SE stated that he needs to submit an A2Q form to obtain the cop file.  Required info: phone brand, carrier, model #, and exact Android OS version.

Does anyone have info on running Jabber on phones that aren't officially supported?  I'm curious if there are other models that work or what the limitations are.  The Jabber data sheet states "although not officially supported, Cisco Jabber runs on many Android version 2.2 and higher devices with  various degrees of limitations depending on the device."  Thanks.

There is some variability in the hardware platforms and implementations on the different devices which is actually beyond our control. So your mileage will definitely vary. That's why it's not recommended as we can't predict the behavior, in some cases the resulting voice quality could be very poor, and we are sensitive to maintaining an overall high standard for the end user experience.

Thanks.

Ken

xipeng
Level 1
Level 1

Is the COP available now? Where can I found the COP file with CUCM8.5?

I'm looking for the CUCM 8.0 COP file (production) for Cius.

I have the CUCM 8.5 COP file but the Cius device is not showing up in the CUCM v8.0 Admin screen. I have the production Cius device.

Thanks

Check CCO, the COP file is now available for download.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

You are correct that you cannot find a download for CIUS for CUCM 8.0.  That is because CIUS is not supported on 8.0.  If you read the release note from the 9.2(1) CIUS download, you will find the following information:

This firmware version is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(5), 8.5(1), 8.6(1) and above

Thanks,

Dan Keller,

Technical Marketing Engineer

Is the COP file really available for download or is it still on NPH?  If available, how do I navigate to it?

bboytruen
Level 1
Level 1

would like download

Here is the link on the Community with information for Jabber IM for Android and iPhone apps including where to download them:

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/22416

Hope this helps,

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

a.priscan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, why the application (Cisco OnPLus) is written in a way that it cannot be installed on SD card, but only on the phone memory?

TNX
Antonio

Antonio,

I suggest you explore the resource for Cisco OnPlus at this link http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/smb/onplus/index.html

to find more information on the application.

Hope that helps.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

anthonypai
Level 1
Level 1

What is que latest Android OS version is required to run Cisco Mobile ?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: