Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMCIP Profile

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

I have 3 servers in group, when i shut publisher,subscriber it failsover to subscriber in DR and everything work fine except jabber softphone becz CCMCIP profile when we create we get only 2 CUCM ip address options,there is no option for 3rd.

How to achieve the redundancy with  DR 3rd CUCM which is active.

thanks

11 Replies 11

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Very interesting question :)

I was researching on this, and in the guide for iPad, I see a SRV record for CCMCIP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPad/9_x/JABP_BK_CB31C807_00_cisco-jabber-for-ipad-931_chapter_01.pdf

Im unsure how to use this or if any other work around is available. I will research on this.

Dear Nissac,

the CCMCIP profile what we create in CUP there is no option to put srv record except a hostname or Ip address,

this guide is for jabber for ipad it will help for J4W also.

thanks

I would suggest to have the Publisher and the Sub in DR on the list of CCMCIP in CUPS

As of now we can have only 2 CCMCIP records on the CUPS server

The DNS SRV record will be used by the Jabber client when it is on MRA/Collab-edge, you need to add the DNS SRV record on your Microsoft DNS server, it cannot be added to the Cisco servers

Dear

The DNS SRV record will be used by the Jabber client when it is on MRA/Collab-edge,

what is MRA/Collab-edge ??

the DNS SRV record on your Microsoft DNS server, it cannot be added to the Cisco servers

yes i know that we have to create in DNS but the srv destination also need to be configured in CUPS as similar to configuration of SRV destination in  SIP trunk which is between cucm and cup.

thanks

thanks

MRA/Collab-edge is when Jabber clients connect to the UC servers with Expressway or in short VPN'less connectivity of Jabber

You don't need to add the SRV destination to the CUPS server

Dear Mallaka,

So you are confirming to me that only 2 CCMCIP can be entered in CUP, so there should be manual change to the 3rd if incase pub,sub goes down.

thanks

Dear Experts,

Anybody can confirm me there is no way for 3rd CCMCIP IP, it has to be changed manually for jabber to work.

Thanks

Hi 

Sorry for the delay

Yes, right now there isn't any other option

Thanks for confirming

I ll see if we can have a feature request for more CCMCIP profile servers

I ll post on the thread once i have more info

Thanks

I have rated for your comments on the post,

Be helpful to others, GOD will be helpful for you.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: