cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cisco Emergency Responder (CER 12.5): The Access Point Import is missing on the Access Point Details page

mzougari
Level 1
Level 1
CER 12.5
On the Access Point Details page (opened when you choose ERL Membership > Access Points).the Import Button is missing.
In the CER admin GUIDE it is mentionned that we can export and import Access Point csv files. Only the Export icon there.the Import icon is missing.
Any advice!
Thanks,
MZ
8 Replies 8

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe you have to import these using the Unified Communications Manager and bulk admin there, and they'll sync in.

It's going to want the BSSID, so if you have multiple SSIDs you may need to add each one if the BSSID differs.

I don't think you can remove them either once you've imported them unless you go database spelunking. There's a "Deactivate" but not a delete.

I tried this and it was not worth the time of the overhead without further work to automate the bulk spreadsheet and watching for changes, IMO.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response.

the AP are already synced. The issue is how to ASSIGN ERL to Access Point in Bulk if you have a large number of Access Points (like 3000).

In the CER admin Guide we can read:

If you must make changes to a large number of Access Point-to-ERL assignments, you can export a file, make

your changes in the file using a spreadsheet, and then reimport the file.

We can assign ERL manually.But it is not practical if need to assign ERL to thousands of APs

Thanks,

MZ

For the Delete of the AP. Once you deactivate the AP, you can see the Delete option

Hello,

Yes you're right it would be unpleasant to have to chew through that.

As far as I can tell the documentation is wrong, which for CER is not surprising.

I don't see any way to import for ERL assignment, and I think they've just copied that from some other section of the documentation. Trying to force it produced a form that doesn't work.

It may be possible to touch the DB but not recommended.

You could ask TAC if they have some supported method but I suspect it would become a documentation defect.

Similarly - I went to go look at the system capacity guidelines. They tend to list out various numbers for the amount of a resource that can be in the system, but there's nothing listed for access points. I don't know if they count against LAN switches or something else, but for nothing else if you have this quantity of items, running that by TAC to find an answer can also perhaps give you confidence that it will operate properly.

Sorry I was not of more help

Best,

Adam

Thanks  Adam!

I have a TAC opened with Cisco .I will let you know if they have any workaround.

Regards,

MZ

I would appreciate it, always good to learn more.

Best,

Adam

I have fought for weeks with TAC. They would not set up dialogue with the BU. They simply said the documentation was wrong and it was never supposed to have an Import function. Of course begging the question why it exists for everything else, but not the APs, and why it has an Export. There is no workaround except to manually assign the ERL through the GUI. No big deal - we only have 2500+ APs, so why would we want to Import?

Interested if you learned anything different.

I hadn't, though I just did some looking and you may be in luck:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/cer-config/#!erl-management/erl-assignment

CER 14+ includes an API that claims you can set Access Point ERL via REST.

While that's not a spreadsheet import, it should still be possible to manage that way if the access points are labeled consistently in CER versus your location data.

Other products all seem to work similarly. I'm still concerned about the maintenance of access points/BSSIDs in general, but at least this is encouraging to set the ERLs.

bvanbenschoten
Level 5
Level 5

If you're a partner I've created a feature request for .csv AP association to ERL here: https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COLLAB-I-16403

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: