cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 not working

Slabus288
Level 1
Level 1

Just installed Cisco Jabber for Windows on a surface Pro 4, video from a usb webcam is fine but cant get video coming from the front or rear cameras to work properly. Video extremely delayed and has a green tint. Video works fine in all other apps except Cisco Jabber for Windows Version 11.1.3 or 11.5.0 and Cisco Jabber for teleprescence (Movi) v.4.8 on windows 10. All firmware & drivers are up to date. I have also tried a virtual webcam which works in other programs but hangs with no video when selected in either Jabber or Movi. I saw reports on video issues on the surface pro 3  because of the atom processor however the surface pro 4 has a core M processor.Any advice on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

16 Replies 16

alex.larson1
Level 1
Level 1

All of our Surface Pro 4 and Pro Books rolled out across the business have the same issue... green camera image and very delayed for Jabber. WebEx = no issues.

Also have the same issue on all Surface Pro 4 and Prob Books.

I think its a bug with the driver on the surface and the connection to the jabber.

The 11.5.1 version of Jabber hasn't being the bug solved.

Greetings

I can confirm it is fixed in 11.6 - however it's not on CCO yet.

J4W 11.6 is available for download on cisco.com

Regards,

Raaj

J4W isn't Jabber for Telepresence, it's the Desktop version... I was informed that Jabber for Telepresence has had a Sunset (end of life) back in 2015, there will never be a fix for the green screen. The work-around is to use an external camera, then it works just fine...

I am heaving problem with Surface pro 4 front and back cameras.  I am running 11.6.0 Build 35037 with Windows 10 pro Insider Preview Build 14342.rs1.

I'm running Cisco Jabber for Telepresence (not the UC client) 4.8.6. on a Win10 Surface Pro 4 machine. Skype For Business and Skype Desktop work fine... Green tint on Jabber... and the video framework drops like crazy.

Downloaded the Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware

• SurfacePro4_Win10_160401_0.zip which contains all the drivers and firmware for manual install - but that didn't help with the Green issue in Jabber.
  • SurfacePro4_Win_10_160401_1.msi which installs a x86 SurfacePlatformInstaller - which is designed to push all available missing drivers - this too didn't fix the issue, but I did narrow down a few things:

CSI2HOSTCONTROLLER DRIVER

ICAMERA64

IAISP64

OV2740

OV5670

OV5693

OV8858

SKC CONTROLLER

those are the drivers that Windows will re-install when you delete the following from Device Manager:

FrontCamera

RearCamera

IRCamera

thou if you use the .msi version, it lists a few differences:

OV7251 - FRONT IR SENSOR

OV5693 - FRONT SENSOR

OV8865 - REAR SENSOR

the key here is the iacamera64 driver, which = AVStream <-- this is the driver that shows up in Jabber 4.8.8 (18390) AND in this version of Jabber... Intel AVStream Camera 2500 which shows up twice in Jabber (presuming front/rear, although only the front works)...

I can't seem to get around this... there's no other update.. Intel's website has a utility that will scan and update any Intel product, except on a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Enterprise, I get an error that a unsupported version of the driver exists and I need to contact the manufacturer... which in this case would be Microsoft! It would seem I have literally hit a circular argument (coding term) that I can't seem to Ctrl+z out of :( Any help would be great!

Since the camera works with every other app, 100% without issues, it can't be a driver related issue, but something incompatible with Cisco's Jabber (4.8.8.). I really would love to see a fix for this... There is one fix, if you connect an external camera to the computer, for example the Cisco PrecisionHD (Tandberg Video), Jabber 4.8.8. works! Just not with the built in camera!

Work-around:

Connect an external camera and it works just fine.

paul.ghattas
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue with Surface Book which is running the Intel I7 processor and Nvidia graphics card.  Webex and Spark does not have this issue with the built-in camera. 11.5.1 did not help any. 

bug ID: CSCuy18230

Thanks Fred.

we have a TAC case open and have been told to expect the issue to be addressed with the J4W 11.6 release in 4-6 weeks

Just a follow up, confirming that 11.6 will definitely contain a fix for the issue.

Aamacias1974
Level 1
Level 1

We have a MS Surface Pro with Jabber 11.5.2 and the video shows up as green in the window. Any fix for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: