cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber - some contacts showing off line

arafmohammed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , We are just in the process of deploying, and we have a few users where they don’t see if a user is on line, it shows offline.. where as anyone else see`s them ok. ...The user did have the contacts in there outlooks address book which it seemed they may have added first by accident instead of the LDAP contact, but we have deleted that contact from outlook address book since then, but it still shows off line, so not sure if its cached the contact.  

I can see the users on line so the users profile is correct and they can see other people on line ..

Dont know anyone has come accross this, we have uninstalled jabber, deleted the files from applicationdata\cisco and tried again and still no joy

Any ideas or thoughts please let me know as we dont appear to be getting anywhere...

8 Replies 8

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Araf,

For a contact that is showing offline, check the IM address by Rightclick on contact > View profile. Does the "IM Address:" value match the value in CUP? Also what is the version of Jabber that you are using?

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood

We are using version 9.1.1, and we have checked and the IM address in jabber is different to what is in CUP. For e.g I see the correct IM address but the person with the issue who doesn’t see him online sees a different IM address

Regards

Araf

Hi Araf,

A defect was fixed in 9.1.1 (CSCuc51526) for the same scenario. From the PC where contact appears offline, try following steps:

• Delete the contact from contact list
  • Exit Jabber
  • Delete the Jabber folders from Local and Roaming profiles:
    • C:\Users\userxxx\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications
    • C:\Users\userxxx\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications
  • Restart Jabber and re-add the contact

If the IM address of this contact is still incorrect, then I suggest to raise a TAC case for further assistance.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood

FYI, we also hade some users suffering the same symptons described by Araf, and upgrade to 9.1.1 from 9.1.0 didn't fix it, but then deleting the folders as you described above did.

Luckily we only have a few users using Jabber on a trial basis, so not too many users will need to delete their folders

Thanks and regards

Kelvin

Thanks Both

I have tried this on a couple of machines where we have experienced this issue but , it still doesn’t appear to have resolved this both when running 9.1.1 and 9.1.0.

we only have local user profiles e.g : (using win XP)

C:\Documents and Settings\araf-mohammed\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications

We will raise a TAC case. It seems that it is still not clearing the cache

Regards

Araf

forgot to mention we dont use roaming profiles..

thanks

Araf

Worked for me! Thanks for the instructions.

Surprising that 4 years later, the problem is still present.

Applied the workaround and it worked correctly, shared the instructions with others in my organization.

Any idea if this will be solved at all?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: