Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco jabber

kaso_baxtiar
Level 1
Level 1

hey everyone ,

recently i have tried to lunch Cisco  jabber on my network including on android and iPhone devices and beside that there is numbers of iPhone on different voice Vlans and i have divided my network into several network so each jabber device reside on different broadcast domain .

so basically at the beginning everything worked   properly but suddenly eventually some problem started to occur i noticed the following below:

1: android and iPhone device can call each others but when they pickup no sound cant be heard between them .

2: some android device can dial to existence ip phones but the sound can be heard only in one way.

3: and iphone to iphone can dial to each other but again sound can be heard in one way .

do u guys have any thought what might causes that ?

Regards.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RTP, unless otherwise configured which is not the default, flows directly between the endpoints, so you need to make sure there is routing between all the endpoints and nothing is preventing the RTP flow.

Most one way audio or no audio cases are either routing issues, or ACL/FW/security issues.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

As JAVA mentioned, looks like a routing issue.. Make sure each voice valns can communicated each other.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RTP, unless otherwise configured which is not the default, flows directly between the endpoints, so you need to make sure there is routing between all the endpoints and nothing is preventing the RTP flow.

Most one way audio or no audio cases are either routing issues, or ACL/FW/security issues.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

really thank u guys @Jaime Valencia  @Nithin Eluvathingal   for your answers , as u said  there was some ACL that blocked reaching of each others .

appreciate your help again .

Regards,

As JAVA mentioned, looks like a routing issue.. Make sure each voice valns can communicated each other.

Response Signature