Views
Helpful
Replies

contact list in jabber

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can we restrict  user(jabber user) from having access to contact list uploaded by administrator?. Many companies are using my system and we do not want them to see our contact list on their jabber. They have to see contact list of only their company. Is it possible to segregate contact list or restrict some user from displaying contact list on their jabber?

Looking for kind response...

Thank you

sonam

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean restrict which users they can search for, then you just need to create as many directory profiles as you need and associate to the users as needed, then restrict their search OU's there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Valencia,
I do not use LDAP server, and I am using UDS. So is there solution in this scenario?

I don't think you can have it in UDS. Do create each user manually
?

No, there is no solution, UDS is a flat directory.

The only way to do what you're asking is to use LDAP.

HTH

java

You could use the Jabber-config.xml to point Jabber at an alternate UDS URL; however, it would be entirely up to that server to filter results. Cisco does not offer such a product so you would need to look if ecosystem partners offer it or roll your own.
It’s worth noting that even if you can implement that, there is nothing preventing users from chatting or adding contacts by XMPP JID across clients; IM&P is not natively multi-tenant.

Thank you all for kind responds.

can you also provide me with relevant document for how admin and end users can upload contacts.

In case of admin, do admin need to list down all users(to be displayed on his/her account) under each user while uploading contact list in imp? 

Bulk Admin -> Contact lists has the options from IM&P, there's a sample of how the file needs to be formatted.

From Jabber directly, there is an import contacts option and you can find all the related information if you google: cisco jabber import contacts

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: