Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Sharing "BFCP" requirements

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm reading Jabber 4 Windows documentation, but there's no answer to my doubts.

What are the requirements for sharing my desktop in Jabber?

As far as I understand we need to have following things:

1. BFCP cop fix installed in CUCM

2. Jabber CSF device in CUCM

3. SIP Profile with enabled BFCP applied to CSF device

Is there anything else required to enable desktop sharing?

Regards,

Piotr Falgowski

18 Replies 18

If i have a look in presence on the user the CSF device shows the following:

For Desktop Sharing do i need "Supports Audio" ?

Update:

The problem here was a misconfiguration on the user. Suddenly some users don`t have the BFCP check box enabled.

A related question:  I am deploying for a site with 8.6(1) and customer inadvertently isntalled the BFCP COP file.  Will Desktop sharing still function, or, knowing that COP files cannot easily be uninstalled, should I advise them to reinstall or is this compatible?  My understanding is all that particular COP does is provide the BFCP check option for SIP Profiles? We only have a group of 25 test CSFs configured at this time.

pfalgowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Below are correct answer:

You have to install BFCP cop on all subscriber first then on publisher.

In my situation there was minor upgrade between versions. After upgrade via CLI you can see that cop file is installed but regardless this you have to reinstall it.

Regards,

Piotr Falgowski

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

If your CallManaer is LDAP-integrated, I would check to see that the ipPhone attribute matches the number of digits you have configured on your CSF device.  We found that, if we had CSF (Jabber) devices configured with 7-digits and the ipPhone attribute configured with 10-digits, the desktop sharing did NOT work.  When we changed the ipPhone attribute to match what we had configured on the CSF, re-ran the LDAP sync, and logged out / logged back in Jabber client for Windows with softphone-enabled, the desktop sharing started working again.

Try this and see if it fixes your issue.