Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory does not work in Cisco Jabber version 10.6.0 for windows

banst8801
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed jabber version "10.6.0" for windows  and I can't search contacts. In cisco jabber version "10.5.1" I used to copy the "jabber-config.xml" to the next path: C:\Users\Usuario\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config. The content of the XML file is next:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config version="1.0">
 <Directory>
   <DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
<UdsServer>10.0.1.21</UdsServer>
   </Directory>
</config>

This worked perfectly with Cisco Jabber version 10.5.1

But now with Cisco Jabber version 10.6.0 it does'nt.!!!

NOTE: I am not using LDAP.

Please help.

Esteban

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried uploading the file and having the Jabber clients download it from TFTP?? In 10.6 what you're trying won't work as they don't use the files in the same way, also try setting it at the service profile level.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi,

Starting from Jabber 10.6, jabber-config.xml file doesn't exists on users machines. You need to upload the file to all CUCM nodes, restart TFTP service on all of them, then relogin to jabber

The user machine will have a file named cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml which import all the parameters from jabber-config.xml. This file is located under %AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\Cache.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried uploading the file and having the Jabber clients download it from TFTP?? In 10.6 what you're trying won't work as they don't use the files in the same way, also try setting it at the service profile level.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Starting from Jabber 10.6, jabber-config.xml file doesn't exists on users machines. You need to upload the file to all CUCM nodes, restart TFTP service on all of them, then relogin to jabber

The user machine will have a file named cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml which import all the parameters from jabber-config.xml. This file is located under %AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config\Cache.