Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Calendar integration

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3
Hello all

Running Jabber 4 windows version 9.1.2 for an on prem solution with CUP 8.6.4 and the
Calendar integration to Exchange is not working. When we are in a meeting in the Calendar, the presense is not being reflected on the client.

We are using the EWS method to Exchange version 2007. 

We have the Presence GW setup between Exchange and the CUP server. The exchange server
status has a green check in both boxes. 

The users login to their personal page on CUP server and enable the Calendar integration
and they are also doing it on the client. Setting it in either spot doesn't seem to work.

I went through all the trouble shooting from the "

Integration Guide for Configuring Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.5 and 8.6 with Microsoft Exchange"

Any ideas

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hy Ryan

Most problems with this integration are due to certificate problems. If you have a multi tier cert (e.g. root/intermediate/web server) on your EWS you need to import the certs manually.

Best is to search the directory for problems for a known account, e.g.

file search activelog / username@domain.com recurs reltime minutes 10 ignorecase

After unsetting/seting the 'calendar integration' box in CUP admin.

That should show you filenames that contain references to the email address you spend, so you can inpect that file to ge tmore info.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Nice command Aaron; I had not noticed 'file search' before!

I'll venture out and say that if the certificate validation boxes on the Presence Gateway are green it's less likely a certificate issue, though this is still worth checking. My bet is that you skipped a step when doing permissions delegation on the service account. The search of logs Aaron suggested is more likely to find 401 Unauthorized responses from EWS, though you may need to turn up some of the macro traces on Single Inbox. At least, in my experience of this no-update symptom, that has been the cause.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.