Views
Helpful
Replies

Fresh Install w/ Data Import Failing after "Copying Import Data" Step

lithatyopo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am doing a fresh install with data import. My source cucm cluster is 11.5, my destination cucm cluster is 14. The hostnames, ip addresses, and domain name of the destination cluster are different from the source cluster

I am using the Touchless Installation process. This is what I did:

1. Exported the pub and sub data to an SFTP Server "utils system upgrade dataexport initiate". This was successful 

2. On the Answer File Generator, I defined the new cluster information, as well as the SFTP Server details where the export was sent (using the exact directory path given by CUCM after the data export files were successfully transferred)

3. Converted the files to floppy images and mounted them, etc.

4. The automatic installation runs ok, we get into Post Install, then after the connectivity checks the data import copy starts and ends after 100%. Then there is a blue screen for about 30 minutes, after which I get the error: "Import of data from given SFTP Server has failed. Ensure that the data export to SFTP Server is completed and below details are configured...". It proceeds to list that I have to ensure the destination server details are correct and that the SFTP Server details are correct (Both are). Thereafter, I am able to go through a check of these details, and then it just loops through copying the exported data and giving the same error

Any ideas what the issues could be?

Litha

6 Replies 6

How do you placed the files in SFTP ? can you share the screenshot of sftp path you mentioned for import?

I have done this multiple times and only faced issues when once my SFTP root folder was something else. Also make sure when you exported the data, the target Ip and hostname must be same as the new server you installed.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for the response. I came right on this - I had to reduce the export data files of the CUCM nodes to 5GB in order for it to work.

The issue was that my export data files for the CUCMs were too big. They were 12GB for each node. I found that the file actually has a limit of just over 5GB in order for the data import to work. I had several MX firmware files that we had uploaded through the years; after deleting those (all our MXs are no longer registering to CUCM, but are webex cloud-registered), I managed to get the file size to 4.7GB, then the issue was resolved. I did that on both nodes

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone found any solid, detailed documentation on the "Upgrade with data import" process?  I'm considering doing one but I would like a detailed explanation of the process and I can't seem to find much out there.  

A brief of data export process  process

- Install Data export Cop on nodes

- Run utils system upgrade dataexport initiate command on CLI

- Provided the requested details which includes, SFTP, New server Hostname, Ip address

- During the installation of new node, select import options and provide the SFTP folder where you exported the old cucm data.

https://defaultgateway.org/2021/04/16/cucm-data-export/

Response Signature